Country Oaks has become a large church and it is too easy to get “lost in the crowd.” Getting involved in a small group will give you the opportunity to know others and will give others a chance to get to know you! And, you’ll be studying God’s Word as you develop relationships with others.
Small Groups for Adults, Men, Women, Teens
Please call the church office at 822-1379 to verify that the small groups listed below are currently meeting or on hiatus.
- Pastor Andy’s Ethics Class for Men and Women – 5:00pm in Room 402 (Selected Sundays – call church office.)
- Young Married’s Bible Study @ 6:00pm at Pastor Brent’s Home – Topic: “How People Change”
- Hiner’s Bible Study – 7:00pm at Dave & Sandy Hiner’s home – 823-1200 – 22840 Jerry Drive (Golden Hills) – facilitated by Mike Bourcier – Topic: “Truth Project”
- Making Peace with your Past (men) – in Room 202 at 6:00pm.
- Making Peace with your Past (women) – in Room 201 at 6:00pm.
- Men’s Morning Bible Study (Ethics) with Pastor Andy – 6:00am in Room 402 @ the church.
- Young Adult Bible Study/Crossroads – meets at various homes each month @ 7:00pm. Call Nathan Hiner for more details @ 972-3576.
- DivorceCare – 6:30pm in Room 402 – A friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Please call 822-1379 for schedule. Held in Rm 402. Three sessions a year.
- Grief Share – 6:30pm in the Conference Room – A special support group for people grieving the loss of someone close. Three sessions a year.
- Adult Community Group – 7:00pm at Warner & Loyanne Brooks’ house - 19041 Pinehurst Place (Stallion Springs) facilitated by Russ & Wendy Dearing – 822-7661 – Topic: “Gospel in Life” by Timothy Keller
- Adult Community Group – 7:00pm - meets at the Hutson’s home – 29600 Greenwater Drive – (Bear Valley) on Tuesday nights at 6:30pm. Topic: “How People Change”. Call Jim or Dana @ 821-1619 for more info.
- Women’s Evening Bible Studies – 6:00pm in the choir/conference room – Studying “Stepping Up” with Beth Moore or “Nehemiah Precepts” in the office/conference room.
- Men’s Evening Bible Study with Pastor Andy(Ethics) – 6:00pm in Room 402 @ the church.
- Parenting Class – This 17 week course equips parents with Biblical principles for raising children. Find out more and to register by calling the Wilson’s at 821-1775. Book fee is $25 per person.
- Adult Community Group – 6:30pm at Warren and Renee Miles home – 822-1601 — 1304 Scarlet Oak Dr (in town) – facilitated by Jim & Diane Howard. Topic: “3:16″ by Max Lucado.
- Men’s Morning Group – 9:00am at Kelcy’s – facilitated by different Country Oaks Men – Topic – Proverbs
- Moms in Prayer – 11:45am in the office conference room – facilitated by Angi Wiggins.
- High School Bible Study – 6:30pm in the Grove led by Nathan Hiner Starting February 28,2013.
- Men’s IronWorks Bible Study - Studying the book of Matthew – 6:30pm in Room 402 – facilitator Cliff Wiggins
- Adult Community Group – 6:30pm at Will and Rhonda Greer’s home – 110 Sweetwater Ln – 972-6141 -Topic: “Gospel in Life” by Timothy Keller.
- Adult Community Group – 7:00pm at Ross & Tamara Amato’s home – 822-0114 for information.
- Adult Community Group – 7:00pm at Dennis & Debbie Shyrock’s home – 26450 Skyline Dr (BV) – 821-4701 – Topic: “The Divine Perspective”.
- Women’s Morning Bible Study – Meets at 9:30am in the Chapel Studying “Nehemiah” with Kelly Minter and Precepts Nehemiah (babysitting available)
- Starting February 8 – NEW Small Group You are invited to an eight week small group to learn about missions and our missionaries starting Friday, February 8 at 7pm. The group will be gathering at Bill & Sandra Dodson, 821 Beech St. Please call 661-822-4194 for more information. God is doing exciting things in the world! Come and be part of it, whether you are 8 or 80!
- Senior Saints – meet every 2nd Friday of the month at 6:00pm in the chapel. Check with the church office or church website for special events happening off site.
Community Groups and Bible Studies are small groups of 8-16 people gathering in homes to develop more meaningful relationships with Christ and each other. Together you will grow spiritually through study, service and fellowship.
What’s the difference between Community Groups, Bible Studies and Adult Bible Fellowships (ABF’s)?
ABF’s are a larger gathering, often with 30-40 people participating. ABF’s meet on Sunday mornings at the church and feature the same interactive format, food and fellowship as Community Groups. Bible Studies tend to have a teaching time and may be a little less interactive than ABF’s or Community Groups.
How will I know which small group is right for me?
Please check the lists above for the dates, times and locations of our current Community Groups and Bible Studies. Maybe you want to pick a study located close to home or you may want to study a particular topic or book of the Bible. The choice is yours!