Parenting Class – Growing Kids God’s Way
The Winter session has been cancelled due to lack of signups.
We want to offer you an exciting opportunity to join us as we learn more about God’s word and how it relates to parenting. The Growing Kids God’s Way Parenting Classes are offered two times a year. The course is 17 lessons long.
The class is open to anyone who would like to attend but it is also a pre-requisite to attend Heritage Oak School. Please call or email with any questions or for additional information or you can click here to download the application and more information: GKGW.
Growing Kids God’s Way Class Schedule
Requirements: Attendance at the GKGW Retreat is MANDATORY in order to attend the remainder of the class sessions. Also, no more than 2 of the remaining lessons can be missed by either parent (if married) and must be made up before the next session in order to receive a “Certificate of Completion” which is required for families attending Heritage Oak School.
- Lesson 1: Introduction/How to Raise a Moral Child
- Lesson 2: Right Beginnings
- Lesson 3: Touchpoints of Love
- Lesson 4: A Father’s Mandate
- Lesson 5: Your Child’s Conscience
- Lesson 6: Character Development Part 1
- Lesson 7: Character Development Part 2
- Lesson 8: Character Development Part 3
- Lesson 9: Principles of Obedience
- Lesson 10: Discipline with Encouragement
- Lesson 11: Discipline with Correction
- Lesson 12: Consequences & Punishment
- Lesson 13: Repentance, Forgiveness, & Restoration
- Lesson 14: Discipline Issues Part 1
- Lesson 15: Discipline Issues Part 2
- Lesson 16: The Appeal Process
- Lesson 17: Building a Healthy family
Applications and Fees:
A completed application and a $25 Book/Supply fee per person is due for this class. Cash or checks are accepted. (Payable to Heritage Oak School)
Childcare is provided by AWANA when in session, if your child is over 3 years old and enrolled in AWANA. There are additional fees when signing up your children for AWANA. Contact Brent Whitney (822-1379).
There is also childcare for children too young to be in an AWANA program during the Wednesday evening GKGW sessions. Contact Lori Gollihugh (343-5476 ) with questions regarding the childcare and to put your child on the list.
Alumni of GKGW can come any time for a refresher or to make up classes they missed. We would like to invite any and all parents from Heritage Oak School or the community, who have previously completed “Growing Kids God’s Way”, to attend any desired sessions.
If you are interested in taking a refresher on all or some of the topics taught, or if you need to make up a particular lesson from a current or past class, we would love for you to join our current class. Please check the schedule for when the classes are being held. All class members (current and past) are always welcome to the ending potluck to celebrate completion of the course. Let’s all continue to grow in Christ as we raise our children according to God’s Word.