High Sierra Scholarship Camp
- All Clubbers who have earned “The Excellence Award” are eligible to attend camp during the camping season.
- Clubbers need to be going into the 6th grade or higher.
- For each subsequent year, Clubbers wishing to return to camp must complete an additional handbook or manual.
This is an exciting week long camp, rich in discipleship and Christian growth held from:
- June 16 – June 22 or
- June 23 – June 29
Camp Scholarship Funding for each Camper will be determined by amount of Clubbers applying to attend camp. A $100.00 deposit per child will be required to hold their spot with their Camp Application.
Camp applications and a full deposit (to be determined) need to be handed-in to your child’s director by March 13th. Returning campers will receive their application in the mail at their home. The application needs to be given to your child’s director for verification and signature approvals.
Scholarship Camp opportunities this year.
Minimum Requirements for consideration to attend camp:
- Church attendance-no more than 4 days missed*
- Club attendance-no more than 4 days missed*
- Book completion-must be caught up with sections each quarter
- Attitude-respect for leadership, appropriate dress, participation, etc.,
* Exceptions for illness or other circumstances will be considered.$50 Family Participation Scholarship: In order to promote family participation, a $50 scholarship per clubber is available for families whose parents serve in AWANA.
$50 Family Service Project Scholarship: In order to promote family ministry, a $50 scholarship per clubber is available who plan and perform a service event for their own family, such as serving at a rescue mission or ministering to a shut-in. The plan must be submitted in writing and approved by Pastor Brent.
$50 L.I.T. Scholarship: Leaders-In-Training will receive a $50 camp scholarship if they meet the minimum camp requirements and successfully fulfill all the L.I.T. obligations.
**$50 Essay Contest: Two $50 scholarships will be awarded for the best essay, one winner from 7th-9th grade and one winner from 10th-12th. A panel of judges will score essays without seeing the names of the writers.